Year 4/5/6 Tag Rugby Mega Fest
11 March, 2021 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
DUE TO COVID 19 WE HAVE MADE THE DECISION NOT TO OPEN THE SPRING TERM COMPETITIONS UNTIL DECEMBER. THE SPRING/SUMMER DATES MAY CHANGE, THIS WILL BE CONFIRMED WHEN BOOKING HAS OPENED.
BOOKING FOR THIS COMPETITION WILL OPEN ON TUESDAY 1st DECEMBER.
This event is open to all Schools within the Partnership:
The Mega Fest format will involve a separate festival format where children will rotate around a number of different rugby activities and competitive games.
- Years 4, 5 & 6
- Maximum of 16 children per group
- 8-10mins per activity
- Children will rotate around a series of different activity stations experiencing every activity
- Focus on enjoyment & learning
- Children will be rewarded for demonstrating personal and social skills, good movement skills as well as their rugby skills
- 12 players on the squad with a minimum of 4 girls and 4 boys on the squad. (How the team fills the rest of the squad is up to each individual team).
- 8 a-side, with at least 2 boys and 2 girls playing at any given time
- To score, a player must run over the try line they are scoring towards and put the ball down on the ground
- If a player gets tagged they must pass the ball backwards to a team mate
- When a player tags someone they must give the tag back after shouting TAG!!!
- Once tagged, a player must pass the ball
- Players must have two hands on the ball
- When a player is tagged everyone must stand on their side of the ball, or they are offside and a penalty is conceded, and a free pass is given to the non-offending team
- If the game ever needs to be restarted it is done with a free pass
- Most of all we would like all the children to have FUN at this competition.
Further information on this event will be issued nearer the time but schools are encouraged to enter early as there are only a limited number of entries for this event.
Maximum teams per school for Competition: 1
Maximum teams per school for Festival: 1
Maximum entries available: 24
Deadline for entries: Thursday 18th February