- This event has passed.
Yr 5/6 B Team High 5s Netball Championship
4 April from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Yr 5/6 B Team High 5’s Netball Championships will take place at Netherhall School from 10am -12pm. Please arrive as close to 9.45am as you can, ready to play.
To enter this B Competition you must have a different team entered into the A Competition. You can not just enter a B team. They can’t be the same children who have played in the A competition.
- Matches will be played to England Netball High 5 rules. This is the same as 7 a side netball with the following exceptions – Size 4 ball, Pass or shoot within 4 seconds, 5 players on court that rotate after each half and game. Posts are 9ft, when marking the player with the ball they must be 1m away and make one jump as the ball is released (arms must not be out stretched)
- Teams are to do a coin toss up to decide which team takes the first centre pass and the other team chooses which end they wish to shoot in first. Please try and do this in advance of each game
- There should only be a maximum of 2 boys on the court for each team. The squad can include more than 2 boys and they should rotate as per the rules. The exception to this is when the rotation puts 3 boys on court, then you must replace one with a girl. Please be aware that some teams are all girls
- Please be prepared to umpire
- Guidance on umpiring the footwork rule – If a player takes a 3rd step and has made great effort to do footwork correctly, providing it does not effect the outcome of the game, the umpire can allow play to continue. A player who runs or jumps up and down while in possession of the ball has broken the footwork rule and a free pass is to be awarded to the other team
Further information on this event will be issued nearer the time but schools are encouraged to enter early as there are only a limited number of entries for this event.
Maximum teams per school: 1
Maximum entries available: 20
Deadline for entries: Thursday 28th February