- This event has passed.
Year 5/6 A Team High 5’s Netball Championship
27 March, 2019 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Year 5/6 A Team High 5s Netball Championships will take place at Netherhall School from 10am -12pm. Please arrive as close to 9.45am as you can, ready to play.
The top 4 teams will go through to the NGB County Finals TBC.
There is a B Team Competition. In order to enter the B Competition you must enter into the A Competition with a different team.
- Matches will be played to England Netball High 5 rules. This is the same as 7 a side netball with the following exceptions – Size 4 ball, Pass or shoot within 4 seconds, 5 players on court that rotate after each half and game. Posts are 9ft, when marking the player with the ball they must be 1m away and make one jump as the ball is released (arms must not be out stretched)
- Teams are to do a coin toss up to decide which team takes the first centre pass and the other team chooses which end they wish to shoot in first. Please try and do this in advance of each game
- There should only be a maximum of 2 boys on the court for each team. The squad can include more than 2 boys and they should rotate as per the rules. The exception to this is when the rotation puts 3 boys on court, then you must replace one with a girl. Please be aware that some teams are all girls
- Please be prepared to umpire
- Guidance on umpiring the footwork rule – If a player takes a 3rd step and has made great effort to do footwork correctly, providing it does not effect the outcome of the game, the umpire can allow play to continue. A player who runs or jumps up and down while in possession of the ball has broken the footwork rule and a free pass is to be awarded to the other team
Further information on this event will be issued nearer the time but schools are encouraged to enter early as there are only a limited number of entries for this event.
Maximum teams per school: 1
Maximum entries available: 20
Deadline for entries: Wednesday 27th February
Schools will be emailed a minimum of 28 days before each competition to reconfirm their entry and the number of teams entered. Following this further spaces may become available allowing any schools still on the waiting list to take part.
Final Information on all competitions will be emailed out 7 days beforehand and orders of play etc will the be created and all paperwork completed for the event. If for any reason a school is unable to attend after confirming their entry they should give as much notice as possible to the competition organiser. Late withdrawal from a competition with less than 7 days notice will incur an administration fee of £25.
Wednesday 27th February