Year 5/6 Large Schools Tag Rugby
22 February, 2018 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This event is part of the School Games programme and is open to all Large Schools* within the partnership.
*The definition of a Large School, based on School Games criteria is any school that has more than 120 students in KS2 and more than 30 pupils in Year 6.
If you are a Small School please book onto the Small School event.
The top two schools in this event will qualify to represent Cambridge SSP at the School Games Spring Festival on Thursday 22nd March 2018.
- 12 players on the squad with a minimum of 4 girls and 4 boys on the squad. (How the team fills the rest of the squad is up to each individual team).
- 8 a-side, with at least 2 boys and 2 girls playing at any given time
- To score, a player must run over the try line they are scoring towards and put the ball down on the ground
- If a player gets tagged they must pass the ball backwards to a team mate
- When a player tags someone they must give the tag back after shouting TAG!!!
- Once tagged, a player is allowed 1 step to try and score or has to pass if he can’t score
- Once tagged, a player is allowed 3 steps before they have to pass
- When a player is tagged everyone must stand on their side of the ball, or they are offside and a penalty is conceded, and a free pass is given to the non-offending team
- If the game ever needs to be restarted it is done with a free pass
- Most of all we would like all the children to have FUN at this competition.
Further information on this event will be issued nearer the time but schools are encouraged to enter early as there are only a limited number of entries for this event.
Maximum teams per school: 1
Maximum entries available: 24
Deadline for entries: Thursday 1st February